About James Thompson
Trial Attorney. James is an experienced trial attorney specializing in state and federal civil litigation and the representation of Chicago Police Officers.
James Thompson began his legal career as an Assistant State’s Attorney and an Assistant Attorney General. James spent much of his career litigating for Chicago Police Officers and municipal employees in civil, criminal and administrative proceedings while working for the Law Office of Joseph V. Roddy. James currently focuses his practice in personal injury law, civil litigation, Administrative law and representing Chicago Police Officers.
He has successfully represented Chicago Police Officers in all manners of litigation and attained settlements in excess of millions of dollars for his clients throughout the course of his career. James is a father of three and resides in Chicago.
- State Illinois, 1993
- United States Supreme Court, 2007
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2006
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1993
- United States Federal Court of Claims
- Augustana, 1990
- Valparaiso Law School, 1993
- Federal Trial Bar